I love this sipper drink for an energy pickup in the afternoons. I will measure the ingredient into small 4 ounce jars and store them in the fridge. They are so handy to grab and make a drink when you want one.
Tropical Energy Drink
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin C Crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon MCT oil
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric or 1 turmeric cube*
- 3 drop Loran Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract or pineapple extract
- 1 1/2 -3 tablespoons Gentle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon Quest coconut oil powder or collegen
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice*
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- additional ice and water
Blend ingredients with 1 cup water. Pour into a quart jar and fill with ice and water. Makes 1 quart.
*I blend 8 ounces of ginger or turmeric with 1 1/4 cups water. Pour into a cheesecloth lined strainer. Allow to drain. Gather up the sides of the cloth and squeeze to extract all the juice. Discard pulp. Freeze in ice-cube trays. Use 1 cube per drink. I keep containers of ginger cubes and turmeric cubes in my freezer all the time. **turmeric will stain utensils and counters.
**I measure all the ingredients except the water into small jars and store in the fridge for a quick drink.
I buy these two items from Amazon:
- Quest Coconut Oil Powder—https://amzn.to/2pA9JAH
- Vitamin C Crystals—https://amzn.to/2I27m0v
There are many drinks, smoothies, iced coffees, frappes, and syrup recipes included in the spiral bound Around the Family Table Cook Book. This book has over 500 family friendly, economical recipes inspired by my 5+ years with the THM lifestyle. Included are many sourdough, preserving, delicious cheesecakes, grilling, main dishes, and much more. All are sugar-free and label with fuel type. http://www.aroundthefamilytableblog.com/buy-it-now