This soup freezes very well and is so tasty with 2 slices of Tomato Basil Sourdough Bread for a Carb meal.
Beefy Cabbage Soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 pound very lean ground beef or venison
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups fat-free beef broth
- 6 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasonings
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-2 tablespoons Brown Sweet Mix or Gentle Sweet
- 1/3 cup sugar-free Ketchup
Brown hamburger and onions together. Drain and rinse well. In a large kettle combine beef mixture, celery, water, broth, cabbage, seasonings, tomatoes, carrots, peas, and gelatin. Simmer 30-45 minutes. Add sweetener and ketchup. Makes 5 quarts.
Enjoy soup? this recipe plus many more are included in the cookbook Around the Family Table Food-Fun-Fellowship. All recipes are marked with Fuel categories. Buy It Now.